Tuesday 19 June 2012

Welcome to the Diaries Of An Amateur Veggie

Greetings to y'all.


I love food. Cooking it, particularly, ever since I did Food Technology waaaaay back in Year 7 (then carried it through GCSE) although since I started university it kinda fell by the wayside a bit and I fell into the pasta - chili con carne - curry routine; all very easy to make (I nearly always make stuff from scratch - it's a rare day when you see me even using a jar of stir-in sauce) and tasty, but quite dull and repetitive after a while. Skip forward to about 3 or so months ago, when I decided to become vegetarian, largely for the hell of it. I've never eaten that much meat anyway, so it wasn't much of a change to make. But, after my 'trial period', I realised I really enjoyed it, and it's encouraged me to experiment so much more and try new things. 


So, the point of this blog is for me to share my culinary inventions. I'll pop up a photo and my recipe, as closely as I can, with the intention of trying to give a bit of inspiration into healthier eating. Because it's bloody easy, and this is the healthiest I've been in my life.


I take inspiration from (the gorgeous) TV chef Gizzi Erskine, and in particular her show Cook Yourself Thin, which I find compulsively watch-able. But mainly, I just want to make things and share them with people. I hope you enjoy it, and I'll always take suggestions and tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment